Getting Ready to Use Zoom Videoconferencing
- First of all, it is easy to use Zoom, so don’t worry if you’ve never used it!
- To prepare for your first session, you need to go to Zoom.us, and download the software for your device. You can use a PC, Mac, IOS device or Android Device.
- We recommend that you use a tablet or computer for group, since you will not be able to see everyone on a tiny screen.
- Be ready for technical surprises your first time! That is, you might find that your audio doesn’t seem to be on, or your camera doesn’t seem to be working. Usually these problems can be quickly resolved, but it can take a few minutes.
- You need to conduct your session from a quiet, private room. It doesn’t work to have kids, spouses, dogs or noises in the background.
- During group sessions, your leader may request that you keep your mic mute when you are not speaking, at least until you can determine that there will be no extraneous noises around you.